Chicken

For me it has to be an ASDA extra tasty chicken from the hot counter my local butchers carnt beat the taste of one , However the butchers wins hands down with regards to red meat and sausage's there excellent.

Sponsored Links
One example is the taste-free, cheap tomatoes

Spot on.

Tomatoes are a tip-top example of tasteless crap people still continue to buy.

For years I too was buying this crap until it got to the point where I had completely forgotten what a Tomato was supposed to taste like.
But it all comes flooding back to you when you grow your own or pay far more.

Thanks for all the replies so far. Looks like home grown veg is deffo on the cards then :) When I was a lad (zzzzz, bear with me!!) my mum turned the whole of our back garden to growing veg and I have fond memories of tomatoes, cabbage, cauliflowers, sprouts to name but a few. Also remember on holiday up in Wales we used to pick our own peas from a farm and spend happy afternoons getting those peas from the pods. Oh happy days :)

As for sausages, the best ones we get are from our occasional jaunt up to Bamburgh in Northumberland from a reknowned butchers. Supposed to be some place up in Clitheroe that has a good reputation, but not managed to get up there on a Saturday yet.

Like the idea of getting fresh meat from an abattoir. More research methinks!!! :D

Sponsored Links
Garden veggies reet tasty but hardish work and don't think you will save money over Tesco. You need good muck and lots of it and takes a few years to work it all out.

One courgette plant is more than enough and you can never have too many parsnips.

Paying an extra couple of pounds per kilo for chicken also well worth it but you need to find a decent butcher with a local supply of free range birds.

Parsnips = cattle feed. they are not for human consumption. Yuk!

2 years ago on an Indian Road trip we stopped off in some remote village. We went to The 'best' restaurant in the village. Kitchen bloke brings out 2 live sqwarking chickens, asked me to choose. 25 mins later and I ate probably one of the best chicken currys I'll ever have in my life. :)

Fancy some pork (not a ham though - that's for XMas) this weekend. Anyone got any suggestions of a good joint to purchase, or a cooking tip?

Sponsored Links
Back