Chimney Flue Lining quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Can everyone advise me please if thsi is a good quote to line a chimey of a 2 story building.

HETAS registered engineer with 31 years experiance.

Using 6" wide '904' standard stainless steel lining
back filled with vermicuite
capped off with steel plate at the bottom
replace chimney if requierd
add bird/rain proof cap on top

£820 inc VAT.

Thought please ?

Jon

Sponsored Links
Hard to be sure without being on site, but looks a fair price, especially offering to replace the stack if needed.
Get a few more estimates if you have any doubts.

If you use an independent HETAS installer you should be able to get a complete install for around £1k, which would include the stove (your supply), test, certification & info plate. Mine cost £850 (but all building works/ventillation/Co2 done by me) & included all the stuff you list but not replacing the chimney; not sure exactly what that would mean if he hasn’t seen it! Get some more quotes from local HETAS installers: http://www.hetas.co.uk/nearest_member
Just type in your postcode & phone around but insist they come, survey & then provide a written quote not just an estimate, that’s all you have at present.

Worth bearing in mind is that if you intend DIYing the stove install, you will still have to notify! The stove has to be tested, signed off & a certificate of compliance issued for the whole installation, not just the flue! No certificate could have insurance implications as a minimum, are you planning to go through LABC for inspection/certification?

Don't plaster around your stove but that's another story :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I will look for other quotes.

No certificate could have insurance implications as a minimum,

very good point.

are you planning to go through LABC for inspection/certification?

I'm not sure what that stands for, sorry.

Thanks.

Jon

are you planning to go through LABC for inspection/certification?

I'm not sure what that stands for, sorry.
Local Authority Building Control – you can usually find them at yourlocal council offices & they are those nasty folks that stick their nose in, enforce Building Regulations & charge you for the privilege. Seriously, they are usually very helpful as long as you follow the rules & don’t behave like a total knob but still usually more expensive than using a registered trade who can self certify the work!

I think I'll go with a trader that can self certify, I assume as long as they;re good and safe this isnt a problem for insurance/re selling a house etc in the long term?

Thanks,

Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back