chip in sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi apologies if this is the wrong forum.

I have searched for this question as I'm sure someone must have asked it before but I cant find a post about it.

I have a ceramic sink in the kitchen which has a quite large chip in it. It's not a belfast sink justa cermic version of a normal 2 bowl sink with drainer.

Has anybody ever repaired a quite large chip in a sink?

I have found this product

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/607-370

so was wondering if anybody has used it, my only worry is that from the pictures it looks like quite a shallow chip that is repaired, mine is a bit deeper. Has anybody got any other ideas or used it?

Thanks

Paul.

Sponsored Links
Bath re-enamelers use car body filler to fill deep chips, which seems to be fine.

yeah great idea, use the hard filler then use the kit above to finish off and enamel.

go to your model shop and ask for milliput,fine grade,this stuffs has loads of uses,it feels like plasticine but sets like concrete,

u just mix two equal amounts together

use a wet finger to smooth it off,u can play around with it for quite a while,if it does not look good,just take it out and start again,this stuff is waterproof ,heatproof etc,

Sponsored Links
does it dry with an enamal ceramic finish? Gotta match it u see. and can it be sanded because its on an edge of the centre column so I need to match the round shape.

the fine grade milliput comes in white,the medium is greeny colour,it can be sanded down,easy,plus u can mould it to any shape u want

i wouldny say its a enamal ceramic finish,but its real smooth to feel,it can be painted on with no problems,have a look at it and try it out before u put it on your sink,it cost 2.99,might be cheaper or dearer where u live

check the link

http://www.milliput.co.uk/prod.htm

like i say,there so many other uses for it

Was recently set a challenge of plumbing in a Belfast sink which had been acquired from the internet. The old waste looked to be bodged in place with half a pound of silicone sealant. Having connected everything up, crossed my fingers and turned on the tap, water started flooding from around the silicon, around the threads .. everywhere.

Managed to remove the old waste (painful and messy) cracked back nut smashed to bits in the process. Removed as much of the old sealant as I could be bothered, while bearing in mind the cost of a replacement sink.

Below the sink where the rubber seal for the waste would contact the sink was very heavily chipped and damaged, including one large V shaped notch. Repaired the entire exit hole on the underside of the sink with Milliput superfine white and a wipe with a wet finger. By the next day it was rock hard, smooth and pretty level.

Picked up a new waste for a belfast sink off the internet. Still had to get a larger back nut and washer from a local plumbers merchant. Armed with plumbers mait, ptfe tape for the threads and silicone for the join inside the sink, I set to it. Jobs a good'un.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back