cistern keeps flushing into pan.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So has happened a few times now, whereby after flushing the water will keep trickling into pan via tge overflow pipe. Each time i've turned off tge water, took top of inlet valve off and turned on water again with a cup over tge valve for 30 seconds or so. Cleaned the part i took off and fitted back together again until the nest time (3-4weeks or so).
Is it now time to replace the valve.

Close coupled system, lever handle and closet valve i could see is this one. fluidmaster bottom entry brass shank fill valve

Although my float looks like a rectangular cup that sits in it plastic holder

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
IMG_20200721_235404.jpg

Just wondering on this one, occassionally the flapper would stay open (another flush sorted that) but not 100% sure but I may have restricted the flow to the cistern slightly and have now opened up the valve to full. Is it possible the lack of flow could be problem of continous flush into tne pan.
cheers

Sponsored Links
Is it possible the lack of flow could be problem of continous flush into tne pan

No.

Are you sure the cistern is overflowing? If so it will be a problem with the fill valve, either adjust it, replace the washer or replace the valve.

No.

Are you sure the cistern is overflowing? If so it will be a problem with the fill valve, either adjust it, replace the washer or replace the valve.
Yeah, it's overflowing. Adjusted the float a few times and even held up tge float manually and it still ran.` what kind of washer will I need to replace. Cheers

The big washer underneath the white bit that lifts up to let water into the pan has some **** under it. Lift it up and wipe round it and the surface it sits on, should be ok then

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back