cleaning a chip pan basket?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
how the hell are you supposed to clean the basket?

I've cleaned the tank a few times but the basket never seems to get clean..

I've left it to soak on a bucket of soapy water for now as i've gone through 3 scrubby pads trying to get the tar like oil residue off it..

I've put the chips directly into the oil now and used a slotted spoon to fish them out.. seems like a much better idea...

Sponsored Links
put it in a larger pan, bucket or washing up bowl then spray with mr muscle oven cleaner (£1.79) from asda leave 20 mins then rinse and wipe. sometimes i amaze myself my wife been in hospital wi the baby for 6 days and iv turned from a joiner to a house husband who says you cant teach an old dog new tricks

posters name says it all only joking does the same thing but slower depends how many screaming kids you got saying chips now

Sponsored Links
put it in the chip pan while the oil is hot, then whats on the basket runs & can be cleaned off easier.

Dont forget to take the chips out first, thy dont taste very ic when they are covered in fairy liquid... :D

I always leave it to the Mrs, they are very good at that cleaning thing.

We threw ours in the bin, Oven chips now & not to often.
JonB :LOL:
Cut a potato into chips (or wedges as they like to call them :rolleyes: ), spray with a bit of oil and shove in heated oven for 20mins or so.

Boiling vinegar or coke cola (not diet) I buy the 2 litre bottle pour it in the bucket and let it soak. I do this with my shower head for descaling

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back