cleaning heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello everyone

I have identified that my system has sludge in the return pipe from the cylinder coil. it is magnetized. I have a honeywell y plan system with a potterton boiler. I have heard of power flushing ( what does this entail ) as
i would like to try and flush out blockage rather than drain system. Had big air lock problems last time i done it, or is the only way draining.What are the best products for this - fernox?
Regards
Jonny hep

Sponsored Links
FIrst please do a search! There's loads of stuff here and elsewhere, cos almost everyone's system has some sort of sludge in it!

Look at the Kamco site for info.
You could shut all your rads then drain your pipes, but if you're going to flush , it's the rads which hold most of the gunge.

As you will read, the point where the feed meets the system is often pretty solid and needs mechanical clearing, or the pipes replacing.

jonnyhep said:
hello everyone

I have heard of power flushing ( what does this entail ) Paying vast sums of money to British Gas=owned by Centrica=owned by the French :eek: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back