Cleaning Quartz Glass Grill on a Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-GD569M

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Panasonic NN-GD569M Microwave oven which we really love - last night I cooked a microwavable boil in the bag fish that is frozen and covered in butter sauce. I made a hole in the bag but I guess the hole was too small because once the bag heated up it squirted the sauce everywhere inside of the microwave oven. All surfaces were covered in butter sauce but the worst part was it went into the ceiling of the microwave and entered the chamber where there is 2 quartz grills.

My father had repaired the same microwave several years ago when the wire in the grill element broke and somehow managed to to pull the wires in the grill element and get them working but I suspect when he put the thing back together he crimped the ends really tight because after taking apart the microwave I couldn't get the ends off without fear of breaking the glass.

There is no easy way to clean the glass tube of the grill as it appears the chamber in which the elements are housed are welded together.

The only other thing I can think of besides replacing the tubes is to start the grill and try and burn off the sauce.

Right now it's working fine as a normal microwave oven but the grill function is very useful to us.

https://www.partmaster.co.uk/microw...&shop=panasonic&path=107445&model_ref=2573455

Sponsored Links
Microwave cleaning instructions usually say to place a bowl of water inside & boil for a few minutes then wipe out the inside with a cloth. Whether this will work for you I am not sure. You should be able to get manual here https://www.panasonic.eu/downloads/en_GB/popup.html if you have lost yours

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back