Clearing Air From Boiler - How?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In relation to my other post entitled 'Ravenheat - White Star', I now think from doing alot of reading from various sources but specifically the manual that the problem is air in the boiler/heating circuit.

As I said, my water went off this morning and prior to this the boiler was fine. Now, i wont ignite and the red light comes on after 2 minutes of asking he boiler to produce heat.

Does my diagnosis sound plausible?

If so, how would I go about getting the air out of my boiler. Please bear in mind I am not skilled in these matters in any way!

Sponsored Links
all ravenheat boilers are fitted with an auto vent look on the top of the boiler to the right hand side you will see a small black cap make sure ite loose and has not been tightened up this will expell any air auto matically
Having the water turned off will not make any difference to the boiler it will only affect the water comming out of the taps

i used to be an out of warranty engineer for ravenheat before i had to retire on health grounds

i did answer your other post read it it may help

do not remove the case to the combustion chamber it is a job for a CORGI engineer

Thanks.

I have notified Scottish Water and they have agreed to send a plumber out and taken all responsibility.

I take it a plumber will be able to sort this out quite easily?

Sponsored Links
all ravenheat boilers are fitted with an auto vent look on the top of the boiler to the right hand side you will see a small black cap make sure ite loose and has not been tightened up this will expell any air auto matically
Having the water turned off will not make any difference to the boiler it will only affect the water comming out of the taps

The boiler is not affected at all on central heating by any water supply interuptions.

Its also most unlikely that the cold water will have been affected either. Mains water pressure will push out any air.

I suspect you have a coincidental fault!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back