Closing off radiator valve..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
l'm decorating at the moment and would like to take a radiator off to paper behind it, l have shut off the the right side valve but the left valve will not budge. l have put on WD40 but still have no luck..
Can some kind plumber on here tell me what l could do to loosen off and shut the valve off.....oh and which way is off even though l have tried this already... Hope someone can give me a quick response as l'm trying to get the radiator off inbetween typing this.. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Clockwise closes the valve. Are you sure it's not already closed?

Sponsored Links
You could try loosening off the locking nut but be VERY careful. Take two spanners and very gently loosen the nut below the valve head. Then crank the valve around and lock it back up.
Like I say, be VERY careful as one false move and you'll have black C/H fluid all over your room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back