co incidents

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello. i read the co incidents on the hse website. does anyone know were to get info on incidents/causes for past 3 years?

also does anyone know where i can obtain info on co incidents involving condensing boilers? corgi tech page only has valliant seals being recalled but not much other info on causes of co incidents from condensing boilers over past 3 years.any info on condensing models which have caused problems wouild be be appreciated

thank you

Sponsored Links
I'm afraid that I can't help you on the info, but I would suggest that incidents involving room sealed appliances would be pretty low... I would be more inclined to look at CO incidents involving those satanic devices known as gas fires.... Especially inset flame effect fires

Have another look on corgi site there is a couple of reports on condensing boilers causing incidents when the flues have not been supported right (mainly in flats) on long runs and there is a national investigation going on into certain house builders.
But there is nothing in regards that someone was killed by a properly fitted boiler with flue discharging into a window, which someone down your way said on this site

Sponsored Links
I know our H/SO at work found lots of stats and pics somewhere online - and he aint that good with a pc - keep looking, Im sure you will find what ya need.....

Seemingly ideal have not had a single CO condensing incident.

They dont work long enough to kill anyone :LOL:

as far as i know, all steamers are rsf, so provided they are installed according to spec it is impossible to get co problems.

any particular reason you are looking for them?

powernaxes will be taking a few more lives i feel. keston 130's i reckon will also be causing some sadness. ive known 2 of my customers to have been suffering co efffects due to the crappy plastic flues separating on the elbows.

just wondering about how these new condensing boilers are performing from safety perspective and avoid complaceny!! powermaxes . yes ive heard they cause trouble and i dont bother with them(dont see any anyhow). new builds with concealed/boxed in flue lenghts. always advice ciutomer to get co alarm . yes i undestand some house builder is in trouble. whats more alarming is that surely these boilers were inspected after installation by house builder!!!!

any incidents of flue gases escaping via empty condensates? ive noticed new valliants have a combustion cover for extra security unlike the older ecotecs/max's

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back