Cold downstairs radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi any advice would be appreciated

One night last week we realised the downstairs radiators were stone cold while upstairs were all boiling hot. After some advice from my dad we turned the thermostats off on all the rads and started turning them back on downstairs one at a time and they started warming up fine. However a day or so later and it happened again however now the thermostats have broken on one of the upstairs rads so we can't turn it off but each time we turn the rest off upstairs we get heat downstairs.

We have tried bleeding all the radiators and some air did come out but it didn't seem to make any difference we have had the same problems wth cold downstairs radiators this evening.

We are in the middle of some home improvements so I didn't want to get anyone out until they are sorted but I've been advised it is probably the pump wearing out however I was unsure because of the fact we can get it working.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back