Cold Hall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, some advice needed here
I had an extension built above my adjoining garage to the depth of the house a while ago, this gave me 2 rooms with a narrow passageway between the 2.

I fitted rads in the 2 rooms but non in neither the new or existing upstairs landings, I have a rad in the downstairs hall but there seems to be a movement of cold air coming under the living room door

I can't see any obvious leaks with carpets fitted all round and garage ceiling double insulated and both lofts insulated

My question is should I have fitted rads upstairs to "balance" the temperature in the hall, up the stairs and on both landings to stop hot/cold air movement
Any replies will be very much appreciated

Sponsored Links
All areas have an amount of heat loss and the required amount of heat needs to be put back in to maintain comfort levels.
Draught must be coming from somewhere so some detective work needs to be done.
Gas fires/ wood burning stoves need ventilation so be careful and seek expert help if this is the case.
Jeff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back