cold rads

lid

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a problem with my down stairs rads not getting warm,we have a potterton boiler in the kitchen and a hot water cylinder,pump and 3 port valve in the airing cupboard up stairs ,we have hot water but no heating down stairs ,when i override the 3 port valve and switch it to manual i get heating ,does this mean my 3 port valve is shot if so do i have to replace it with the same make ie potterton

Sponsored Links
Select ch only.
If it doesn't come on, see if there's spring resistance to the lever on the valve head as there would be on HW only.
It should go loose.
If not, you probably need a new head. Most P ones are replaceable.

thanks for your reply ,just switched valve to ch only but nothing happened ,if the valve is switched to manual and i pull the switch shouldnt i hear the motor winding if its ok

Sponsored Links
Is it a potterton mzv ,white head is it with it sealed so you cant get in, ok lad/lid

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back