Cold roof insulation advice after problems originally

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon

Some of you remember the nightmare i had with a roofing firm, building a wonky brick pier, using 3x2 on 2.8m span and fitting windows that didn't fit, they also had fitted the osb boards and glued down the rubber roof - see thread below - finally got some cash back and was left with a disaster to try and fix it up to a safe reasonable standard

See thread here

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...ew-flat-rubber-roof-please-pics-added.549525/

So got someone else in to try and fix the issue, so they have worked round what was there rather than rip off and ruin the one piece rubber and boards etc.

So new brick piers fitted, 6x2 used and a proper frame all the way round. as new pics added so the 3x2 are still present due to hassle of being ripped up/out

my question is over cold flat roof insulation as its going to be hard to insulate over 2 sets of joists, i was thinking of using kingspan 75mm in-between joists so still gives me 50mm air gap above for ventilation, then using some insulated pasteboard under rafters to try and get as much insulation depth as we can.

Any advice would be ideal, thanks

Sponsored Links
I remember reading your post, glad you’ve got it sorted.

Only thing with your method, is there is no opportunity for any damp air to vent.
Others will comment, but would think you need some vents putting in the fascia boards.

ps, separate insulation boards and plasterboard are cheaper as separates.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back