Cold spot on rads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a flush and mag filter fitted I had sludge in rads downstairs 3 days ago by heating engineer from trades website and he had good reviews.From on set tried to sell new system which I can't afford. 4 rads downstairs still have sludge he never mentioned this to my wife she did not check paid him and he left.
Today one rad got a pin hole and a drip coming from my boiler.
Phone the engineer he said need 4 new rads plus boiler He is not prepared to fit a new rad guess he's not coming back Mmmm let down I think

Checked and pump set to max speed.

should l put more chemicals in the system close all the good rad and only feed the slugged up rads for a couple of weeks then drain system and if necessary removed any sludged up rads and put water threw them
I have ordered a new rad to replace the one with the pin hole.

My system is a worcester combi Boiler and it's a gravity fed and vent system

Is their anything else I can do

Sponsored Links
engineer from trades website and he had good reviews.
Take no notice of those.If your sysyem is full of sludge,merely fitting a filter is a waste of money.I am no expert on really badly sludged systems but I would at least say you need every rad taking off and flushing outside,then add cleaning chemicals.If your pipes are 8/10mm then that is probably a waste of time...If it is at the stage where your rads are pinholing and multiple cold spots,your best option could well be entire new system.

Sponsored Links
Can form quite an accurate idea from description and experience though.

Descriptions are often vague and sometimes false!
My experience tells me, I'd want to see it, because pinholed rads tells of an old and neglected system, which would have lead me to flush it, only with eyes on appraisal and then copious caveats in my estimate to do so.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back