Cold Storage tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
We have a Baxi Barcelona Condensing boiler and this heats the house plus a hot water storage tank .The problem is our storage tank is cold all of a sudden ,never use to be but is now .The boiler is coming on and heating the house no problems , and all is set on the timer for the boiler to heat the house and the storage tank at the times requested .Its been doing this for a good few years now ,the point im making is we have it set up correctly o.k.
Also i have checked both the valves that operate the feeds into the house heating and water and they are not sticking as we have had this problem before .
But there is a thermostat on the side of the storage tank which tells the boiler i assume to come on and heat the tank ,has this had its day ??.What im asking is what do you pro's think is the most likely culprit of this problem.

Thanks alot in Advance

Alan.

Sponsored Links
Turn the cylinder 'stat up and down, does it click?
Is the operating lever on the hot water control valve limp when HW is on, indicating the valve has opened?

Manually open the HW valve and turn on the CH. Does the water heat-up now over a 1 hour period?

Early indications are ( as the beeb like to say) there are three lucky causes, HW valve and/or cylinder thermostat, plus loss of HW demand signal from programmer.

meldrew's_mate said:
Turn the cylinder 'stat up and down, does it click?
Is the operating lever on the hot water control valve limp when HW is on, indicating the valve has opened?

Manually open the HW valve and turn on the CH. Does the water heat-up now over a 1 hour period?

Early indications are ( as the beeb like to say) there are three lucky causes, HW valve and/or cylinder thermostat, plus loss of HW demand signal from programmer.

When i turn the Storage tank cylinder thermostat up and down it does click yes .

I can manually turn the heating on if i stop there all day and hold the lever on the valve to open this ignites the boiler and we have hot water butttttttt .As soon as i let go it goes back into its normal off position.

Sorry about my grammer and easy to follow English ive never been any good at writing/English (Have patience) .

Thanks

Alan .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back