Combi boiler - no storage tank

Yes, it would be affected but a lot less than if the WC was directly fed from the mains.

In any case float valves offer a considerable flow resistance and few cisterns refill at much more than 6-8 li/min.

As for brushing your teeth in cistern water, 50% of the UK population probably still have that system and have no problem with it. I do it myself!

What I would find more worrying is showering in water from a dirty cistern like many old iron ones I see!

Water from a modern plastic cistern with a lid is very clean.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
Yes, it would be affected but a lot less than if the WC was directly fed from the mains.

In any case float valves offer a considerable flow resistance and few cisterns refill at much more than 6-8 li/min.

6-8 litres a min? A brass 1/2" ball cock belts out the flow on the mains. It would need a flow regulator in it and the tank sized enough to prevent it emptying.

Doctor Drivel said:
Agile said:

6-8 litres a min? A brass 1/2" ball cock belts out the flow on the mains. It would need a flow regulator in it and the tank sized enough to prevent it emptying.

If a small ball cock delivers 6-8 liters a minute and a large one much more flow then why fit a flow regulator which may only drop the flow back down to the rate of the smaller ballcock any way ?.
Which is best. Small ballcock and large storage or large ballcock and small storage ?.
Though reading back I suspect Agile is talking about the WC float valve.
I don't think you could fit a brass 1/2 inch float valve in there DD. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back