Cold top room - do I need to add to insulation board ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
May be a bit of a simple question but our top rooms are often quite cold (three story house, built in 2003). Plenty of loft insulation and I've noticed that in some places the insulation board goes all the way up into the loft and in other places it falls short - hopefully the pics below show this. Is it worthwhile putting in some more insulation board from what you can see ?

Also is there any downside to putting loft installation between the metal joist and the rest of the loft insulation ?

thanks
IMG_1405.jpg
IMG_1407.jpg
IMG_1406.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks - I’ll have to look properly tomorrow but there are two layers (at right angles) so prob between 200 and 300mm. I have got a few rolls spare so won’t do any harm to top up in the areas which currently have gaps - between the steel joists and the existing insulation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back