cold water tank in loft?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was wondering if anybody could help me?i have a baxi 130 he combi which is supposed to deliver 18l per min of hot water so i bought a hydromassage shower of ebay which requires a min of 10l per min and sited it upstairs.The pressure in the shower is pretty poor so could i improve this by siting a cold water tank in the loft to give the combi(which is sited downstairs)more mains pressure for hot water, and the cold water required for the shower thermostat could then be taken from the tank-not the mains?

Sponsored Links
Your tank will not give you better pressure than incoming main unless you elevate it to above your roof, sorry :LOL:
At best you will be able to raise it by 6 metres which will give you 0.6 bar of pressure and your supply should be a minimum of 1 bar.
Suggest you investigate why your supply pressure is so poor. Complain to your water company or ask a plumber to see if he can help. ;)

thanks for your reply,would the cold water flow from the tank in loft be enough to mix with hot water at 18l min say 50 degrees temp if i used the tank solely for the shower and ran every other cold tap off the mains?what i dont want is cold water flow in shower taking pressure away from the combi boiler :rolleyes:

You will need balanced supplies for your shower which I hope is thermostatic. You will need cold from the main and hot from the combi.

Sponsored Links
Your only going to get 18 litres a min if your incoming main is up to it, no point in buying a combi with that rate if your main is only say 12 litres a min.

is he or isnt he ?

r u into gas kingsway u sly gas fitter u

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back