collapsed pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, you may have read my other posts regarding my decking project, when I removed the flags (2 weeks ago) I noticed a pipe that was damaged I had a route around and it looks like it could have been damaged ages ago and isn't used anymore. I have monitored it for the past 2 weeks and I havent seen anything coming out of it etc, I live in a mid terraced house and the location of the pipe could be for the old outdoor bog (not there anymore). Is there anyway of checking or would I have seen something by now?

Thanks. :D

Sponsored Links
Depends on the bowel habits of your neighbours :idea:

Hard to believe it hasn't, but has it rained a lot lately in Manchester?

If the pipe is still dry after a fortnight and it has rained recently, then i would suggest the pipe is dormant.

Any neighbours on holiday?

cheers for the replies,

No none of the neighbours are on hols, the pipe is quite close to the surface and seems to break up easily every time I uncover a new bit its already broken and full of the soil etc. My gutters and kitchen waste pipe go into a separate pipe close by and they are draining as usual

Not rained much recently :eek:

Sponsored Links
cheers for the replies,

No none of the neighbours are on hols, the pipe is quite close to the surface and seems to break up easily every time I uncover a new bit its already broken and full of the soil etc. My gutters and kitchen waste pipe go into a separate pipe close by and they are draining as usual

Not rained much recently :eek:

Sounds like the remnants of a land drain. When I dug my extension foundations, I found one of these and was worried at the time. However, it was completely full of soil and only dripped a bit after heavy rain. These lands drains were usually laid in sections just butted up, no jointing compound.
Simon.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back