Column radiators - how cheap is too cheap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wife wants column rads.

Prices vary. As an example, a double bar 600x1400 (ish) ranges from £250 to £800, average around £400

E.g.
Plumbworld "Park lane" £249
Amazon huiyang £220
Toolstation arlberg £368
Radiator outlet £399
Column rads £400
Stelrad £524
Just rads £800

All apparently BS EN 442, mild steel, 5 to 10 year guarantee.

Is it really "get what you pay for", or are these all made in much the same manner in a Chinese factory?

I am too cautious to get a load of Huiyang Chinese rads of amazon. This makes me suspicious the Plumbworld ones are the same provenance. The toolstation ones are at least made in Germany (is that a sign on quality any more)

Multiply the costs of the rads to do the entire house and the price range is not insignificant.

Can someone please advise?

Sponsored Links
I seen one that cost a fortune with fancy design and that went rusty around valve. I don't think system had enough inhibitor which was required for that radiator.
I don't think higher cost means higher quality these days. Jmo

Sponsored Links
The NRG are £261 for a 3 column rad. Same specs otherwise in terms of size, materials etc. NRG look like a reseller. This puts it in the same group as the Plumbworld and Huiyang.

Not that this is a criticism of NRG, just flummoxed as it's another choice.

Do I save a load of money and go with a whitelabel rad? hmmmn

First World problems

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back