combi boiler and horizontal hot water tank??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello -following on from a previous post I am still in the process of buying a new house and the hot water system set up is proving a sticking point which I would appreciate any comments on -I will do my best to describe ...
Valiant combi boiler downstairs which feeds kitchen HW and CH and also seems to supply hot water up into roof space into a horizontal manco HW tank -(I assume this arrangement is to improve shower/bath water pressure upstairs) -It is a vented cylinder (I think) but the overflow tank is not attached (its sitting up there in the loft) instead a pipe goes from storage tank and ends over the cold water reservoir in the loft space ?? -dirty water could drip into the clean yes?
My questions are -is this a common arrangement? Is it a safe arrangement? I imagine its not a very efficient set up? -what would be the better alternative?
Many thanks for reading my waffle

Sponsored Links
If there is a combi boiler the other tank can be removed.
It is unnecessary.

If a combi boiler was installed you might want to check with
the home owner why the tank wasn't removed.
Maybe it was a bodged job and the installer found that
the flow rate of water wasn't up to it after they had put it in.

If there is sufficient mains pressure it can be sorted out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back