Combi boiler/ Tanks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We've just moved house and this 1 has a combi boiler in the kitchen, a cold water tank in the loft and a hot water tank in a kitchen cupboard which takes up a lot of needed space.
Is it possible to remove the hot water tank as the last house we had used a combi but didn't have the tanks?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
sorry just Googles it and found it's a Condensor boiler - Ideal icos m3080

is it possible to do away with the big tank or would the whole boiler need replacing with a combi?

The whole boiler/system will need replacing with a combi.

The other option is to change the HW cylinder for a mains un-vented cylinder to give better hot water performance if you have enough cold mains pressure and flow rate.

It would be prudent to consider replacing the Ideal anyway ;)

Sponsored Links
...It would be prudent to consider replacing the Ideal anyway ;)
That is putting it mildly.
What`s wrong with Ideal....I got one in the new(to us) bungalow ...it`s got BG stickers on it and SBGI stickers and Kitemark :LOL: Apart from the fact that it`s got 20 feet of 28mm primaries to the pump and 3 way valve :rolleyes: it must be good ...But what do I know , I never got CORGI, I`m just a dumbass old school plumber/leadworker/draincleaner :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back