Combi boiler and water flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have never had a combi boiler before so just thought my issue was how it is but after speaking to others it seems it's not so any useful advice and remedies wd be good

Moved in 2 years ago and had a new Worcester boiler installed almost straight away. When I run a bath I have to first run the hot then turn off and run the cold. If I switch both on all the power and flow from first tap goes.

This could also be while my shower alternates from hot to cold within seconds and keeps doing so throughout
T even tho no other water in the house is being used. It's not elec shower.

Am just getting bathroom re done so if I have a problem whatever it is I will try to get it fixed at same time

Sponsored Links
Surely you can only turn the cold tap on just slightly?

Taps are fully variable devices and you can set any flow rate you choose.

But if I turn the cold water tap on the water coming from the hot water tap goes to less than a trickle

Whoever fitted the combi should have warned you about this. You need to look at the cold water wain serving your house. Insufficient flow rate to support both taps open at the same time.

Sponsored Links
Its nothing to do with your boiler as Hoot correctly says it is your incoming water supply, it might be possible to sort just by using your taps differently , your plumber fitting your new bathroom should be able to advise

I still don't understand why you want to run so much cold water.

If it is just to get cooler water then most combi boilers do have a control to vary the temperature of the hot water.

Unfortunately some of the cheaper Worcester boilers don't have a temperature for the hot water.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back