combi boiler bang noise when hw tap is opened

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Heatline sargon combi boiler which I know is not the greatest boiler but has been ok for the last couple of years the problem I am having is;

When the CH is on and the HW tap is then opened there is a loud banging noise , the bang is only once and I can not tell If it just from the pipe or boiler and pipes.

If the CH is off and the HW tap is then opened there is not noise while the HW is running.

The cold tap doesn't have any fault.

Thanks any advice of what this could be would be great as unfortunatly it is out of all warranty periods.

Chris

kris

Sponsored Links
Does it happen regardless of how the tap is turned on ( eg slowly ) ?

Is it a quarter turn tap?

Does it still happen if boiler has no power to it?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for the replys

all the taps in my house are mixers taps

it only happens when the central heating is on and then I turn the hot water on

the bang happens even if I turn the hot tap on slowley

on the boiler once the hw tap has been opened there is a 30 second delay before the ch kicks in again during this period I can open and close the HW tap as many times as I like with out and banging but as soon as the CH comes back on and I put the HW tap on it bangs again.

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back