Combi boiler flow rates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am doing a complete heating installation in a 2 bed cottage and a combi system boiler looks very attractive - particularly from the CH and DHW installation front! The one I'm looking at is a Halstead Ace High has a flow rate of 13 L/min at 35 deg. C rise and is about the highest in this range (no internal DHW storage). I'm also looking at the Halstead Eden at 11 L/min which is a condensing combi.
1. We are concerned about hot water flow rates. Does anyone have experience of a similar rated boiler - how happy are you with the flow rate in Summer/Winter?
2. I gather there may be a delay in the water heating up in the summer when the CH is not on. Any comments?
3. Anyone had experience of these boilers (British made, sold and recommended by the local merchants). :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Just to help you choose, when a manufacturer states a 35 deg rise it does not always mean it will do the flow rate quoted,its so you can compare one boiler against another quoting 35 deg rise, the higher the flow rate at 35 the better,.so allso check the actual flow rate published.you don't just get a delay in the winter you get less hot water , the boiler power is the same but the water temp coming into the house will have dropped around 15 deg in the winter,so if you had 45deg at 9ltrs in the summer it may be 30 deg at 9ltrs in the winter.the best value seems to be 28kw combis at the moment in terms of how much output /purchase cost.never had much to do with halstead but if you may want try and contact them direct about after care,service contracts and how soon they can respond to a breakdown, before you have too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back