Combi boiler leaking?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a gloworm flexicom 30cx combi boiler and it has just started leaking. Its only 2 years old and has been serviced yearly but today it started dripping quite badly from the underneath front left corner.

It had probably leaked about a cupful in 30 mins. It's flashing with an F1 fault code which according to the manual is boiler attempting to light 5 times and failed on all ocassions.

I'm going to get someone out to sort it but would it be a bad idea to hit the reset and try and use it in the mean time?

Thanks a lot!

Sponsored Links
Has the leak affected the system pressure. F1 fault is RGI stuff.

Would you be able to check the condensate drain from the boiler is clear?

It could have become blocked and affected the ignition sequence.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I took the case off to look and the water is slowly dripping/bubbling out of the top end of a 100mm ish long rubber hose similar a car radiator hose.

I can not get at it and am nervous to poke any further to access it but it is located at the back left bottom corner and is behind the siphonic drain and running beside the condensate pipe. I can't tell if it is junctioned with the drain pipe though.

further to that the 'rubber hose' is fed by a copper pipe that comes out of the top of the actual boiler section and runs to the left side and then down the rear left edge.

That sounds like part of the boilers primary circulation pipework.

It should be causing the system pressure to be falling.

It sounds to me that you need a competent boiler enginer to fix it for you.

If you can take and post a photo that might help.

Tony

I probably top it up by 0.3 bar every couple of months which i was aware is exessive but from the glimpses of some of the plumbing in our house i've had reason to replace or change i sort of assumed it was bad joints etc just slowly seeping.

Thnaks for your help, will get the engineer out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back