Combi boiler - no hot water, central heating ok.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've an Icon T combi boiler - no other markings or part numbers. From reading around it may be a Herman re-badge. Has a SIT 0.537.301 electrical box on it and what looks to be a CEME Eng pressure switch, partial p/n 5412/VAP-DR (?). Unable to get DHW from the system unless the CH is running, in which case hot water is usually available. Has been suggested the pressure switch is u/s. Any way to test this? Further info - have continuity between terminals at 12 and 3 o'clock, nothing between 9 o'clock and 12 or 3 (no terminal at 6 o'clock), with hot water tap running and not. Boiler switched off for this test.

Any info appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I think this has a fairly usual design of diverter valve.

It would seem that this has failed and is not indicating a demand for hot water.

Tony

Thanks for this, Tony - how do I identify this valve and any tests I can do to verify problem? Why do you suspect this valve (not doubting you, just trying to understand the system!) Thanks again.

Mike.

Sorry, further info. Think I might have found the diverter valve, or at least, something that has a bearing on things. This valve has a plunger that comes out of the top (well, side as it's mounted) which should act on a microswitch. Presumably, as the hot tap is turned on, the plunger should move and make the microswitch. It doesn't. With hot tap running, no CH, if I manually make the MS, the boiler fires up and presumably hot water.

Does this help confirm your diverter valve diagnosis? Any further checks, repairs or is it a replacement job?

Continued thanks.

Mike.

Sponsored Links
Thats it and you have confirmed its failed as I had diagnosed!

In many cases just the diaphragm itself can be changed but sometimes its better to change the whole valve particularly commercially when we give a years guarantee.

Tony

Thanks again Tony. Any idea where I can source parts - do you supply? If so how can I identify which diverter I have for replacement diaphram or assy? Any idea on prices?

Thanks

Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back