Potterton Puma 80 Flow Switch Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Potterton Puma 80 Combi Boiler that has recently developed a drip from the flow switch. Now the hot water only comes on when the boiler is running. The red LED is on on the controller board so according to the flow chart on the inside of the front cover, the flow switch needs replacing.

All straightforward so far.

Potterton advised me that the replacement part is a 10/18676. One was found and ordered from Price Right Heating. This has been delivered and it looks like:

Unfortunately this differs from the in-situ flow switch:

They are both the same size and shape however the existing one has inlet/outlet connections at 1 o'clock and 3 o'clock and the new one has them at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock.

I called Price Right and they weren't much help, initially suggesting that as they'd sent the part I asked for, I must have got the part number wrong and that I check it. I did that and the part number is correct. As they are unable to assist further I was going to return it to them and try somewhere else, however before I do that I wondered if the orientation of the connections to the flow switch can be changed by removing the six screws that hold it together and rotating half of it to meet the correct alignment and then replacing the screws.

Any assistance would be most welcome. In the event that I can't change the part I have, I'll return it to PriceRightHeating. Can anyone recommend a reputable supplier that can provide the right part?

Many thanks,

Sponsored Links
It is the right part but you need to remove the screws and, keeping it together, rotate to the same orientation as the one in the boiler.

Tony

Thanks for the quick reply Tony.
I'll give it a go.

Much obliged.

Sponsored Links
Installed and working. No drips, no led lit on the controller board and independent HW and CH as required.
Thanks for your help.

AB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back