potterton puma 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a potterton puma 80 combi boiler the hot water from the tap works ok when i switch to heating the boiler cuts out after 30 seconds pilot light and hot water works any ideas please

Sponsored Links
the guy that looked at it today thought it was the circuit board how much is the part you think it is also he said £175 for a ciruit board
many thanks

corgiman said:
the wax capsule diverter valve has failed

check no hot taps are dripping as this will also cause the same fault

Sponsored Links
partygirl said:
the guy that looked at it today thought it was the circuit board how much is the part you think it is also he said £175 for a ciruit board
many thanks

Unlikely if it fires up on demand..

The heat cant get anywhere due to wax capsule in diverter valve

partygirl said:
any idea of cost

Dont usually talk money but, id say to supply and install new diverter £180.

Really dpends on location etc

The entire diverter valve is about £100 and quite a nasty job to change. There is a little trick to make it easier though.

Sometimes its possible to just change the wax element, we do that for about £127 inc. Thats not a manufacturer supplied part though.

The latest diverters are redesigned so that the wax part cannot be changed! These Potty people are crafty.

Tony

Agile said:
The latest diverters are redesigned so that the wax part cannot be changed! These Potty people are crafty.

News to me!

Perhaps they can be changed by some other means but they no longer have the removable nut at the front cold water end.

The only reason for the change would seem to be to stop just the waxstat being changed.

Where is Chris with his photo of one?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back