potterton puma 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my potterton puma 80, the hot water is very hot can run hot water 4 maybe 5 mins the boiler lockout light comes on......any ideas please

Sponsored Links
I thought you were getting a competent CORGI to inspect your boiler and were going to charge the cost to the incompetent who moved it?

cant get man to fix a problem that he says not his fault so trying myself so help required ...ive got excessive hot water and oiler locks out after 5 mins
going through the fault chart and it says disconnect wires from gv3 valve and the flame should decrease and hot water decrease in temp which it does and does not lock out...............

As we said before you nbeed a cORGI to come and diagnose the fault. Its not anything obvious!

Tony

Sponsored Links
potterton do a fixed price repair as do ****ish Gas. Call them.

you need to bite the bullet and get in a corgi guy to look at boiler, pumps are prone to sticking causing overheating as is h/w microswitch sticking, might even be a problem with installation as the boiler has been moved. If its a fault with boiler they are not to bad to repair or diagnose, although beware or certain engineers, i.e dangermouse46, who cant repair older boilers and will tell you to replace it with a valiant, and then slag off bg just for good measure.

From what I hear from some of my customers, there are few people anywhere who can repair more unusual design boilers like the Puma or Sine 18 or even the less common boilers like the Gem or Geminox.

Tony

you need to bite the bullet and get in a corgi guy to look at boiler, pumps are prone to sticking causing overheating as is h/w microswitch sticking, might even be a problem with installation as the boiler has been moved. If its a fault with boiler they are not to bad to repair or diagnose, although beware or certain engineers, i.e dangermouse46, who cant repair older boilers and will tell you to replace it with a valiant, and then slag off bg just for good measure.

did i say to replace the boiler? did i say buy a vaillant? No you ****! get a life.

i actually said get a fixed price repair.

you should also be aware of Bg brown nosers who defend them despite knowing the truth that they are overpriced and underskilled.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back