Combi boiler - no pressure - no heating or hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vaillant ecoTEC plus 831 - my radiator was not working and I stupidly bled it dry - my boiler now has no pressure so has turned itself off. I need to refill it and have read the instructions but when turning the two 'keys' on the filling loop until they are loose the water doesn't flow. No idea what I'm doing wrong. So worried cos of the snow and it freezing the pipes and have a young baby worried as her room is sooo cold.

Sponsored Links
You may be turning them in wrong direction One may already have been turned on and by turning it you have turned it off

I have a Vaillant ecoTEC plus 831 - my radiator was not working and I stupidly bled it dry

Not stupid at all

- my boiler now has no pressure so has turned itself off. I need to refill it and have read the instructions but when turning the two 'keys' on the filling loop until they are loose the water doesn't flow. No idea what I'm doing wrong. So worried cos of the snow and it freezing the pipes and have a young baby worried as her room is sooo cold.

Turn one first and give it 20 seconds or so to see if water is getting through, then the other. You only have 4 possible combinations of positions of taps to work through, so you'll get there in the end.

Pressure of about 1.2 will be fine if system is cold - if hot then up to 2'ish, but this may require bleeding again (best to do when system is off and water is cold) - no rush here, leaving it will do no harm.

Thank you so much, will try and move them in different combinations and see if that works. Have called letting agency so worst case hopefully someone will be sent tomorrow! Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
If you change the left tap, then the right, and repeat, you'll go through the possible combinations in sequence.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back