Combi boiler problem?

Sponsored Links
Does this boiler have the pump running automatically every so often to stop the pump sticking, if so, this might be operating too often, they should work automatically every 24 hours. The residual heat giving the impression of central heating getting warm.

Long shot, but just a thought.

Sponsored Links
Just read the potterton web site. Yes the 28 performa does have a frost protection stat, operates at 5 degrees. Perhaps you could isolate it and see if it stops the unwanted firing. I would have thought easy enough to replace.

It sounds as if the hot water demand switch is failing!

Tony

I really do not like DIYers who want to disagree with my suggestions as to the cause of their problem!

It could be the cause of the problem and whilst I appreciate that he does not understand how boilers work he should accept that when a professional suggests something it should be treated seriously and not disagreed with.

I am happy to advise of the likely cause but I am not into giving lengthy explanations of the workings of boiler for free!

In your case it may not be the cause as that would usually cause the DHW light to be lit when providing the undemanded CH but nevertheless it should still be checked electrically.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back