combi boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler has a intermitant fault, sometimes the burner will not fire up. This happens more when the heating has been on. Sometimes if you turn everything off and leave it for 15mins it will start to work again.

Any idear cause this is really annoying lol :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Intermittent faults can be difficult to trace. They are often caused by thermal cycling effects.

Without seeing the boiler and trying to find out what is happening its not going to be possible over the internet as almost any component could be at fault.

As you dont bother to even tell us the make and model......

Tony

Sponsored Links
As Agile said... Plus a response... You'd better get an engineer in.

Sorry for the non-helpful nature; but there won't be much available here apart from guesses.

Actually now we know that its a Response that does alter the situation.

The Response is a premix boiler that is very sensitive to gas supply pressure as well as all the internal components and adjustments being spot on. Then it lights most of the time!

I assume that you have not bothered to have it serviced. So few engineers are competent with this boiler that my general advice to people is that if its working then its better not to be tampered with as servicing can add ignition problems.

There is nothing an owner can do apart from engaging a very competent engineer who is comfortable working on this rather difficult model.

Sometimes the internal parts are found to be leaking and that cannot be repaired and the boiler has to be replaced!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back