Combi boiler Quote

I didn't want to offend anyone with my post, sorry if sounded like that, but just had bad experience with a local waterproofing company who did our damp proofing course and now we can't find them to show them how water is penetrating our walls. I know it's a different thing as it's a different trade but just thought that this time it might be better to go with a big company.

Anyhow, I do appreciate your help and sorry again if you felt like I was disrespectful or anything like that.

Gasanstuff - I'm always supporting the local economy but as I said above, just had a bad experience and now I'm more...reserved.

Thank you again for all your help and advice.

Sponsored Links
No problems just mean that it is down to installer. If you go with a big company then you get what you pay for. Granted you may feel safer etc I agree with that. I have a local installer who undercuts me by approx £400-£500 when we quote on same jobs. He has been reported to gas safe at least 5 times in the last five years that I know about due to substandard work. Of course he's cheaper but his work is shocking. Gas safe do nothing and to be honest it's good for me long term.(even though I loose the initial install work) When I pick up his customers after gas safe have visited then I never loose that customer. Once theyve been stung by someone then they do not pick up yellow pages or whatever again. Plenty of independents on here who don't even advertise their work goes beyond what you'd expect if you phone a random company. Get recommendations ,talk to installers you will get the feel of them, the most skilled engineers are not salesmen!
And breathe
Rant over

I didn't want to offend anyone with my post, sorry if sounded like that, but just had bad experience with a local waterproofing company who did our damp proofing course and now we can't find them to show them how water is penetrating our wall.

I really cannot understand how you just "cannot find them"!

Generally you would have an address, landline and a mobile number.

If you really dealt with a local firm then where have they gone?

Or was it a scam advert in the local paper, just a mobile phone and an "address" being a caravan parked on someone's field outside the town?

If you want to get them moved on quicker the sign this petition:-

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/1309

I have seen quite a bit of WB bashing, what are the common problems/reasons for avoiding them?

Sponsored Links
This is a DIY site, not a place to query prices. :rolleyes:

Can't see it, can't quote it. :rolleyes:

I do admire the independants wasting their time on you, seeing as they wont get the work. I cant be bothered TBH. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back