Combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, new to the forum so hope this is the correct place to post.

We have a 10 year old Vaillant system boiler and a 30 year old hot water cylinder. Boiler needs replacing and, since we don’t currently get enough hot water for our needs and could really do with the space, we are toying with getting a combi. House situation is 4 bed, one bath with shower over, but would like to future proof in case we add an en suite. Main requirement is to maintain a powerful shower (currently have a power shower which gives around 15l per minute, mains pressure tested at 20l per minite). Power shower will be replaced with a digital shower - no rainfall head of that makes a difference.

Various plumbers have recommended the following boilers - Veissmann 100w 35k, Veissmann 111w 35k storage boiler, atag ic39. We want good but not overkill. Can I ask for thoughts? I’m happy to hear ‘stick with a system boiler’ if that really is the best option!

Sponsored Links
Thank you, can I ask, if we replace the cylinder would you suggest sticking to a vented cylinder or swapping to unvented (if this is possible)? At the moment we have cold water tank in loft, hot water cylinder in airing cupboard, vaillant ecotec plus 360 system boiler, power shower above bath.

Sponsored Links
One plumber said it tested at 20l per minute (tested at outside tap). Is there other stats we should look at?

if you have 20L/min then with proper pipe sizing you can get what you want, some good combis on the market just now and definately a decent unvented with that flow rate would suit your needs , find a decent installer so they can see your requirements and see what they recommend

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back