Combi clearances

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to buy a new combi boiler (as those of you with long memories might remember...). I pretty much know what I want, but there's one final piece of information I need before I can actually decide, and that's how much space I need to leave around the boiler.

The space in my kitchen is pretty small, only about 900 high by 500 wide. Most condensing boilers are 850x450, which will only leave a few centimetres on each side. Will this cause a problem? I can't seem to find any references in the tech docs for the boilers I'm considering, but I gather that I do need a certain amount of space.

(I'm looking at the Ravenheat 85T and the Garda M96.28. The Garda's slightly smaller, but Ravenheat have a better reputation and a website with, like, actual information on it...)

Sponsored Links
Not sure about clearances but I think it may be around 150mm. The pros will advise I'm sure.
What I am sure about is NOT to consider a Ravenheat. They have a poor reputation and a friend is making good use of his BG cover with his Ravenheat boiler! :LOL:

Spend the extra and have a Valliant or Worcester etc.

Buy cheap buy twice ;)

the clearances for the ravenheat csi 85t GC 4758120 are as follows

125mm above
150mm below
5mm either side
450mm service clearance in front of the applaince.

had you had a little more height for the boiler location i would suggest checking out the Worcester Greenstar range, which are much better boilers, but you will need a few extra inches of space in the height.

Grr. Just as I had nearly made up my mind.

Can anyone recommend a Worcester dealer? Their web site doesn't have pricing information.

Plus, how much can the top and bottom clearances on boilers be crowded? i.e., is this a safety/ventilation issue or an access issue because there's pipes sticking out? I ask because my space is a funny shape due to a slanted ceiling; there's actually a fair amount of space available, it's just not rectangular.

Sponsored Links
this a safety/ventilation issue or an access issue

Both
Clearances are always given in the installation info.

DOn't forget to add the height of the flue elbow at the top, plus a bit.

The newish Worcester B. Junior is quite small.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back