combi install

T

timmyquick

would a gas fitter still take on the job of a combi install if you hung the boiler your self and install the flue? as the new boiler is going in the same place just that the direction of the flue is to be changed which is still in accordance with the manufactors booklet. The reason is that i want to hang it to get the flue done then remove it again so that i can plaster the wall to get a good looking finish. Or is this likely to make a corgi registered plummer refuse to install the boiler and plumbing because i simply have hung it myself and assembled the flue. As i have read many times how they refuse to do work as part of it has been done. The reason i want this done is in my own home in that past they patch up around the flue area and it looks ****. This is my brothers house and he agrees that it looks **** where they patch up around the flue.

Sponsored Links
Cant remember how many boilers I've put in but I've never had to patch up around the flue. You drill a 117mm hole for a 100mm flue and choose what you like to fill the gap with - many don't bother, then a collar covers it.

maybe it was just the installer who did my boiler then who did not do a very good job then. And i know have the perception of that all installers do work of that quality.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back