Combi flue dripping despite fall back to boiler

If you are really worried then test it with some litmus paper and see how far off of neutral it is and whether it's worth bothering about.
It's about PH 5.0 so slightly more than rainwater which is about 5.6 and obviously way off from tap water.

Just annoying more than anything as there's already a green patch from it. It's above our bin store so I tried to position the bins for it to drip on the lids rather than the patio but with with it doesn't always fall straight down.

Sponsored Links
Should it run back to the boiler though or drip out? Any ideas on if the terminal of the Valliant flues are adjustable so it can be lifted ever so slightly?

If the MI's have been followed then it's all the installer can do. If they haven't then it's toss-up between install, product design, site conditions and weather.

A green patch does sound like algae as suggested and may just be the fact that it's damp rather than acidic, spray a little bleach on it and see if that sorts it.

@ a PH of 5 then it is slightly acidic but main condensate tends to be a bit more acidic than that, anywhere between 3>4 so unless it starts to show signs of dissolving the mortar/stone then I wouldn't worry too much,

Sponsored Links
It's above our bin store so I tried to position the bins for it to drip on the lids rather than the patio but with with it doesn't always fall straight down.

A plume management kit "might" sort it. Send some photos of terminal location and from further back.

Maybe I can suggest something.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back