Combi losing pressure and Fernox Heating Leak Sealer F4 Expr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted over the weekend regarding my Ravenheat CSI 85 condensing combi losing pressure.
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=202613

I got an engineer round on Monday who really didn’t have a clue what he was doing. I was hoping he could confirm if the cause of the leak was the condensing HEX or something else.... unfortunately not.

So I disconnected the end of the condensing drain pipe plumber into the sink trap and left a bucket under it over night.

The pressure dropped overnight from 1bar to 0.8bar on a system that had been off for 10 hours. There was a small puddle in the bucket and the pipe was dripping. I would imagine there was 1/8th of a cup of water.

Does that backup the condensing HEX theory?

I was thinking about trying something like Fernox Heating Leak Sealer F4 Express. http://www.fernox.com/?cccpage=leaksealer_F4Express&sub=4 Does anybody have positive or negative experiences? Would it plug a pin hole in a condensing HEX?

Sponsored Links
I doubt the fernox will seal it and anyways if your heat ex is wholed it may well be/have caused more damage......bit the bullet and get it changed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back