Fernox F4 leak sealer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I want to try adding Fernox leak sealer to my vented heating system. Would it be ok to use the Fernox F4 superconcentrate sealer via a radiator on a vented system.

Sponsored Links
Oh and if you say to fix a leak I won't be amused lol :)

Well since i started using the heating again there is some air getting in to the rads upstairs. So i just was thinking it might be due to a leak somewhere in pipework. I have checked the expansion tank in loft and all seems well. Now this Fernox F4 concentrate in the cartridge tube. It says ideal for for sealed heating systems, but not for single feed systems. So leaves me wondering would it be ok for my vented system ie not single feed or sealed system. Sort of a grey area in the information. Thanks for your reply :)

Sponsored Links
It will not cure your air problem. Air in a system needs further investigation to find the cause.

Yes it should work on open vented systems just the same. But as above it's more than likley not the solution to your problem. You dont even know yet if its air being drawn into the system or Hydrogen gas being produced from within the system.

Also on a side not, If you have a Direct water cylinder (as opposed to indirect) you can not add chemicals to the system so be sure and check first (there not nearly as common as indirect but I wouldnt fancy washing my dishes or taking a shower in hot water contaminated with heating chemicals.

OK thanks very much for that. I have a divert valve and the cylinder is fed from a it's own tank in the loft. So a guess that is indirect right ?

Yes, coil and seperate water tank means indirect so ok for chemicals in the CH system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back