leak in central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
every morning I have to top up my central heating as the gauge indicates that it is empty, I assume there is a leak somewere. I was going to try a central heating leak sealer like Fernox F4. Wondered if anyone had any experience with it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not necessarily. Do you see water anywhere?

It could be down to the expansion vessel or the pressure relief valve. Do you have an expansion vessel on the pipework? If you do, then there will be a valve like on a car tyre. Press that and see if any water comes out. If there is water present then it will need replacing. If the vessel is inside the boiler then you should get somebody qualified to have a look.

It could also the the pressure relief valve letting by. There should be a pipe connected to valve discharging outside somewhere. Put a bucket or tie a bag underneath and see if it collects water after you topped up the system. If it is this then it should be investigated further by someone qualified.

If its neither then get someone qualified to take a look.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back