combi or sealed system!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm luckly in a position to replace my open vented system which has been kept going by the help and advice of members on here.

My question is what do i go for! sealed system or combi.

I live in a 3 bed detached house, 1 Bathroom and 1 ensuite. The ensuite isn't finished so i can fit whatever shower suits the system i get.

The house has 10 Rads
2 1400 k2s
2 1100 k2s
3 900 k1s
2 towel warmers
1 400 k1

Worcester have recomended a 30cdi with an electric shower in the ensuite.
This would make the bathroom bigger as the airing cupboard takes a lot of room up and the misses likes the idea of this.

Which is easier and cheaper to fit. (I will be getting a plumber to fit this)
And what is your opinions?

Thanks in advance i have looked through a few pages as i'm sure this has been asked before but i can't find it. :p

Sponsored Links
I take it you mean system boiler or combi boiler.Both are sealed systems.
The first thing you need to be looking at if your going for a combi, is the incoming cold water pressure and flow rate.
Good idea going for an electric shower, so when(and it will) the boiler stops working for whatever reason, you will still be able to have a shower.
Another thing with going for a sealed system is, that you need to take into account the possibility of pipework/valves leaking when pressurised.
Personally if your stored hot water system is OK, I would keep it.If you want to free up some space the cylinder could always go in the loft. :idea:

Hope this helps

Graham

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back