Combi / shower overheat / trip?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. Our family have a number of showers in the morning, and I'm finding that after a 20 minute run of our shower (Aqualisa Quartz Digital), when we restart the shower for the next cycle, it starts fine, then runs super cold for a minute or more before re-stabilising.
I guess that means that the hot water in the lines, when the shower switches off, is temporarily overheating the shower, causing it to trip to the cold setting.

I'm thinking that the boiler runs hot while the shower is running, then when the shower turns off, the boiler passively "super-heats" the now static water in the heat exchanger with residual heat, which then moves along the pipes to the digital shower when the next cycle starts, causing the shower to "panic" and trip to cold.

The above assumption may be completely wrong, but any thoughts would be welcome.

Sponsored Links
It could be .... Alternatively ...... the combi boiler will always take time to catch up and heat the water.

You will get the hot water that was left in the pipes from the first shower to start with and then that will then run cool for a time until the combi catches back up, heats the H/E sufficiently and that hot water then gets to the shower.

I take it that your quartz digital is either non-pumped or has had the pumped setting disabled for combi use? Was it installed prior to/at the same time/or following your combi?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back