Combi vs Cylinder Head

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

House:
I have a 2 bed house, 1 bathroom upstairs side garage that houses the bolier.

Current System:
Cylinder / tank with 2 bar pressure pump for shower

Question:

My current cylinder / tank system has been damaged and due for replacement.

I am only going to live in the property for 1 year and then migrate and put the house on rent. I am thinking about using a Vaillant Combi Gas Boiler 937 as a combi system or replace the current cylinderhead system with another.

Goal:

Space
Power shower.

Inlet mains water pressure - Medium.

Which system shall i go for. If i go for a combi Vaillant 973 which has a storage tank will i get the benefit of a power shower. Or do i need to stick to a cylinder head system. Mega flow is a no go simply for monatary reasons.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Personally I think the 937 is overkill in your situation, especially as you state your cold mains pressure as 'medium' whatever that means.

For your property I would think an 837 would be plenty, or a Broag 39C.

You will have to remove the power shower/pump with any combi that may be fitted.

i agree that the vaillant 937 will be relevatly over the top given your hot water requirements.
try the vaillant ecotec plus 837 a really good peice of kit ;)

I think no matter what I do with the main pressure I have any combi will not be sufficient. I just have 1 bar pressure from the mains and my flow rate is 8 L / min and therefore I will keep to the cylinder system.

Sponsored Links
I think no matter what I do with the main pressure I have any combi will not be sufficient. I just have 1 bar pressure from the mains and my flow rate is 8 L / min and therefore I will keep to the cylinder system.

With a trickle like that (my supply is similar), sticking with the vented cylinder would be the only sensible option.

If your boiler needs replacing, consider converting to a system boiler.

There is someone on this forum known as BigBurner / Water Systems / Doctor Drivel. He would probably recommend a complicated set of pumps, valves and pressure vessels which would take up half the flat and need a remortgage to boot :LOL:

There is someone on this forum known as BigBurner / Water Systems / Doctor Drivel. He would probably recommend a complicated set of pumps, valves and pressure vessels which would take up half the flat and need a remortgage to boot :LOL:

Luckily he has not been seen for the last couple of weeks.

He disapears like this for a few weeks every now and again. Presumably into respite care!

Obviously a cylinder and good size storage cistern is the solution. If you only have a standard cylinder consider putting in a slightly larger one as a pumped shower can exhaust a standard one quite quickly. Tenanted property tends to have more people living there and increases the HW demand too.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back