Combi vs Standard Boiler

I recently had a combi installed and put in a mixer shower. I can tell you that compared to an instantaneous electric shower its a million times better! However if you have a pumped shower at the moment I think you'll be a bit dissapointed.

The average pump is approx 1 bar. If your mains pressure is above 1 bar then you get a better shower with a combi.

Sponsored Links
OK, thanks everyone. I think I will stick with installing a pump and hope that I don't keep running out of hot water. I am not bothered about the bath filling duration. It's the showering experience that is important. The risk of interrupted flow when another tap is run I think is too great and it does seem to be a real problem for a combi.

Get a high flowrate combi and if the main is fine then it will perform very well. Have a dedicated 2mm pipe for the cold cold inlet from the mains stoptap and a full bore stoptap. then all will be fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back