Combi with good DHW rate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Everyone

Thanks to all of you who responded to my query on Potterton Powermax HE85. Basically I am just looking for a decent combi with a good DHW so I can have a decent shower and not a dribble when the missus is trying to wash up. The house is 4 bed 2 bathroom. I know floor mounted combis like the Worcester Highflow 440 give 20Ltrs pm DHW, but are there any wall mounted ones that give anything above 15 or so? We have a bit of an issue on where to stick a floor mounted one. I used to have a Halstead which was apparantly 14 DHW which was ok for our 3 bed 1 bathroom place (when it was working). After battling with the Halstead for 3 years I am wary of having another combi but everyone is trying to persude me they are much better these days. is that true?

Any thoughts gratefully received

ed :)

Sponsored Links
is that true?

no

---

Alpha CD50 (storage)
Worcester 40
Vaillant 38
or have two.
Or put a Rinnai on the wall outside.
Always assuming your mains is up to it...

So perhaps I should go for a HWC and heat only boiler? Down side of that of course is having to wait for water to heat up again after my daughters have had baths to the brim. I have just read something about Thermal stores - what's that all about? I have 2.5 bar at the kitchen tap apparently, but only a half inch pipe coming in from the outside mains (and I dont want to dig up the driveway to put in a wider one)

Sponsored Links
an unvented cylinder would suit your needs linked to a decent boiler.
hi output combis are not my favourite boilers.
good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back