Combined woodburner and lpg central heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have fitted a small stainless steel back boiler into a Jotul No1 Stove, I fitted two essex flanges to a standard indirect water tank, running a gravity feed to the stainless boiler. It works fine the boiler is less than 2kw so does not seriously affect the heat output of the stove and in the winter when the stove is on constantly I have more hot water than I need
The chimney runs up the center of the house heating most of the rooms even on the upper floors without the need for radiators on but there are two rooms which do not get much heat from the chimney, could I use the excess hot water to heat those two radiators by running the central heating pump. I suppose what I am asking is can the heat exchanger in the tank work the other way round and if the controller is set for h/w and heating will the heat from the hot water in the tank be transferred to the radiators?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back