Solid Fuel AND Oil...?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our house has a central heating system which is fed from a multi-fuel stove with a back boiler.

The stove is on the ground floor, with pipework going up to the first floor and into a hot water tank, thereafter feeding 9 radiators. The hot water tank itself is fed by a cold water storage tank above it.

With this type of system, is it possible to "retro-fit" an oil-fired boiler to enable either/or fuel to be used..???

Or will I be looking at disconnecting and replacing the stove with a stand alone room heater and just using the oil for the heating system...?

Dougie.

Sponsored Links
Certainly Dougie. A Dunsley Baker Neutralizer will enable two boilers to heat both HW & CH.
Just Google it fella, I can't be arzed finding a link.
HTH

It's certainly possible, but the whole lot will need upgrading to modern regs which can get very expensive

Your best bet would be to go to a Gledhill Thermal store that will eliminate a few issues and then no need for the Dunsley Baker Neutralize.

Not cheap but then I Think its a great thing to have (I wanted one but as I went for a pellet boiler I am stuck for the 7 years of RHI before I can plumb my back boiler in again)

Sponsored Links
Cheers guys, I'll give this a look...

I may just go down the route of a new system with combi boiler if it's gonna cost too much...

Your best bet would be to go to a Gledhill Thermal store that will eliminate a few issues and then no need for the Dunsley Baker Neutralize.

Not cheap but then I Think its a great thing to have (I wanted one but as I went for a pellet boiler I am stuck for the 7 years of RHI before I can plumb my back boiler in again)

Thermal stores are sludge buckets!! I'd not recommend one.

Thermal stores are sludge buckets!! I'd not recommend one.

Really I had not read about that, how do they become like that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back