CombiPack 4 settings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Merchant recommended this. Just watched a video showing all the settings. Default seems to be hysteresis with option to choose TPI?

Does hysteresis give good control on CP4 or would it normally be changed to TPI? Other thermostats with a choice seem to have TPI as default. Boiler too old for OT.

Sponsored Links
It's really what works best for you and your system try both!
Remember it may take a number of days for TPI to settle down.
We use them as they come for oil boilers they work well.

Merchant recommended this. Just watched a video showing all the settings. Default seems to be hysteresis with option to choose TPI?

Does hysteresis give good control on CP4 or would it normally be changed to TPI? Other thermostats with a choice seem to have TPI as default. Boiler too old for OT.
Are you absolutely sure that you can select differential/hysteresis only (non TPI) with this CP4, it doesn't seem clear cut to me at any rate and IMO you should definitely have the option of switching off the TPI, its ON hysteresis of 0.4C is maybe a bit on the high side, the OFF is settable but would normally be set to zero, switch off at SP temperature.
Also check if cycles/hour can be set.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Are you absolutely sure that you can select differential/hysteresis only (non TPI) with this CP4, it doesn't seem clear cut to me at any rate

I see what you mean. The part of the manual covering this is certainly written in a confusing way, but I think that is what it is saying. I will email EPH after New Year.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back